Job Title Intern – Country Program Administration
Department/Unit Finance and Administration
Location Kenya Country Office – Nairobi
Reports to Finance and Administration Officer
To provide effective administrative and logistics support to the Kenya Country Program.
1. Ensure proper management of office equipment, proper maintenance, repairs, insurance and contracts for all office equipment/assets.
2. Ensure proper maintenance of office and supervise the cleaning process.
3. Assist in Coordinating logistics for travel/accommodation/conferences, ticketing, visas, and pickups to/from the airport.
4. Support the Finance officer in organizing office cleaning and the drivers to meet their job descriptions, including meeting good cleaning standards for the office premises and vehicles.
5. Support updated records of assets and equipment, disaggregated per individual donor contract
6. Handle all incoming and outgoing calls as appropriate and handle all inquiries, including visiting clients.
7. Assist in planning and preparation of meetings, workshops and ensure the boardroom is always ready for such functions.
8. Direct visitors to the appropriate staff member and prepare itineraries.
9. Open and date stamp all general correspondences and sort all mails and update all phone / mail directories.
10. Update and follow up all delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
11. Assist in maintaining staff records and preparing schedules to ease follow up of staff information such as leave days, contract expiry dates etc. as directed by the Finance Officer
12. Carry out other administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning as required.
13. General administration tasks as delegated by the finance and administration officer
14. Perform other related duties as required by the management and assure discreet handling of all business.
Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, however a diploma holder with proven experience can be considered
At least 3 years relevant experience
Proficient in Administration matters
Able to communicate well with all levels of people.
Good writing skills
Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet date lines.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong IT skills
Special working conditions:
The incumbent may have to work odd and/or long hours at a time to assist in completing special requests from the programmes, finance or administration
Send your application by Monday, May 14th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org