Captain, AMREF Flying Doctors
JOB OPENING CAPTAIN Ref: AFD/OPS/05-05/2018
Note: Revised Edition as at 04 May 2018 @8.00am
1.1 Job title Captain
1.2 Job grade Grade D
1.3 Unit Operations
1.4 Physical Location Inside Wilson Airport, Nairobi
2 MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Perform as a flight crew on AMREF Flying Doctors’ aircraft and missions while observing the highest safety standards and economic operation and management of aircraft as per company policy
3 REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Chief Executive & Medical Director
Chief Operating Officer
4 PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Act as flight crew on AMREF Flying Doctors missions which include outreach flights, medical evacuations and other emergency flights with the highest of safety standards;
2) Ensuring that AMREF operates and complies with all laws, rules and regulations of all authorities of each country in which it operates;
3) Assisting the Chief Pilots’ office in matters related to flight operations including flight missions in the areas of operation.
4) Performing functional checks or maintenance test flights when and as required.
5) Providing assistance to the medical crew during medical interventions as necessary
6) Understanding of KCARS and familiarisation with trend and monitoring systems both within maintenance and Flight operations.
7) And other duties as may be required
4 REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
Must hold a valid Kenyan ATPL with current instrument rating
Minimum of 3,500 hours flying experience
Minimum of 2,000 hours pilot in command time
Minimum of 1,000 hours on jets
Have a valid Cessna Citation Excel and or Cessna Citation XLS rating/s with minimum of 500 hours on type
Have a strong understanding of Kenyan Civil Aviation Regulations
Experience flying under EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) standards is an advantage
Type rated training captain on Cessna Citation is an added advantage
Previous experience with aero medical flights is an added advantage
Good communicator; with good command in English language both oral and written
Decision making ability and flexible thinking
High degree of discipline and teamwork
Ability to think quickly and make decisions
Ability to work calmly under pressure.
If you meet the criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit your letter and CV quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to Vacancies@flydoc.org. Deadlines for submission is Monday, 14 May 2018. Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.