Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The HR and Administration Advisor I provides HR and Administrative support to the Ipas Africa Alliance. S/he ensures smooth running of the general office operations, facilities and general HR support to Alliance staff. S/He supports the Alliance staff in the day to day HR/Administration needs in liaison with the Senior HR Advisor.
The Advisor also supervises the Office Associate and Administration Associate.
Human Resources Management
• Support the recruitment process for the Africa Alliance (Kenya and Uganda) and ensuring the Ipas recruitment policy and the best practices are adhered to.
• Coordinate and facilitate a comprehensive induction planning for new Alliance staff and ensuring new staff have all the necessary equipment ready for work.
• Coordinate with NC Global Human Resources to support the performance evaluation process; identify training and development opportunities and organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities. Give feedback and track the performance evaluations
• Coordinating the exit and clearance process of exiting staff in line with Ipas procedures.
• Assist in the management of the staff benefits scheme
• Support payroll in ensuring that all they are updated with documentation to support remuneration of new staff and final dues of exiting staff are shared in timely manner for payroll processing.
• Managing the Alliance office (Nairobi and Kisumu) annual and post travel leave in line with the policies of the organization.
• Confidential custody of Alliance personnel files
• Implements the employee satisfaction survey, reports back on its outcome, and works with the Programs Director and Office Manager in improving organizational climate
Office and Operations
• Support facility management and liaise with landlords to ensure the facilities operating at optimal levels;
• Manage office supplies vendors ensuring they provide quality goods and services and value for money to Ipas;
• Manage Occupational Health and safety for Ipas employees in assigned locations, conducting necessary audits and ensuring remedial measures are taken to manage weak systems;
• Ensure availability of office supplies and utilities while monitoring utilization;
• Develop and maintain a proper filing system for all administrative and operational documents;
• Supervise, coach and mentor the Office Associate and the Administration Associate ensuring they are supported to contribute to their work efficiently and effectively;
• Ensure compliance and all licenses are renewed promptly and regularly as required;
• Any other duties as assigned
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
• Collaborates with the Alliance Senior HR Advisor and NC Global Human Resources unit on performance management, recruitment and benefits administration
• Works Regional Support Team, Senior HR Advisor and NC Human Resources in references to employee information, employment/contract renewals, salaries, merit increases, benefits and pension
• Manages HR relationships with external entities as appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
• 4+ years of experience
• Solid Experience in vibrant busy office setting
• Membership to IHRM
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment
• Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office tools
• Knowledge of local labour laws
• Familiar with HR administrative practices
Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.