Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, CMMB
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with
global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their
communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and
poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and
confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the
community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the
leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen
health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help
meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy, and will
have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage
accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our
employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We
especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of
women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’
health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model. This team is also
responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and
other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the
field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable
populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion
and illness prevention.
Under the leadership of the Country Director, the M&E Officer will develop and implement the monitoring and
evaluation framework ensuring high quality and timely inputs. He/she will also ensure that CMMB programme
and projects maintain its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of intended results
through designing, planning, managing and analyzing projects to ensure cost effective and timely delivery.
▪ Implement monitoring and evaluation systems and tools for the ongoing review of projects in the
CMMB implementation region, using approved indicators and targets, to measure progress and make
recommendations for improvement.
▪ Ensure harmonization of monitoring and evaluation system and tools with the Ministry of Health and
global monitoring and evaluation system and tools.
▪ Work with project sites to introduce and implement information systems to ensure proper and accurate
collection of performance data from the implementing projects including data capture, analysis,
and utilization and archiving.
▪ Build the capacity of the project teams and support them to effectively introduce and maintain
the information systems. This includes conducting training and mentorship sessions and
evaluation of workshops.
▪ Together with the program managers, facilitate/support CMMB staff in the revision of site-specific
work plans and strategies.
▪ Support regular data collection by ensuring all points of contact are clear on deadlines and
▪ Preparing project reports as per the donor/government requirements, including responding to data audits
and inquiries from the donor.
▪ Compile appropriate and disaggregated data and write narrative reports for submissions for website,
annual reports, donor reports, other briefings and/or policy documents as required.
▪ Support implementation of baseline and other surveys, such as project reviews, and mid-term and
end-of- project reviews.
▪ Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside
▪ Participate in M&E national working groups as directed by the Country Director.
▪ Contribute to proposal writing and quality assurance of log-frames and M&E in proposals.
▪ Communicate regularly with CMMB headquarters through the Country Director to ensure
programmatic compliance, in conjunction with M&E and finance departments.
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ You have a University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences or related field.
▪ You have a postgraduate course/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation..
▪ You have at least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development
projects implemented by national/international NGOs/ Government.
▪ You have experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of
▪ You have proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
▪ You have expertise in analysing data using statistical software;
▪ You have experience in project management life cycle including proposal writing.
▪ You have demonstrated quantitative & qualitative data analytical skills.
▪ You have strong training and facilitation skills.
▪ You have demonstrable leadership and managerial skills including ability to be a team player.
▪ You can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
▪ You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
▪ You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives
How to apply
Visit our careers page for more information and click here to apply
Candidates under consideration will be shortlisted for interviews to be conducted in CMMB’s Nairobi Office.
All applications must be received by 31st May 2018
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier
lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the
most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are
shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who
want to add their energy to our work, and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining
CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team and lead our Kenya team achieve our mission.