VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
To deliver increased income for quality programmes within the Nairobi region. This role will work alongside the Operations Director, Country Directors and the Donor Partnership team to ensure we are positioning our offer well and integrating our management of donor relationships
This role will work alongside the regional Operations Director, Country Directors and the Donor Partnership team to ensure we are positioning our offer well and integrating our management of donor relationships over a range of thematic areas in support of VSO’s programmes and regional operations.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Significant experience of managing a globally dispersed and highly technical team including proven ability to manage competing priorities
Experience of developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets
• Proven ability to research new funding opportunities and to make appropriate judgements about their potential to realise significant restricted income
• Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income
• Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change
• Experience of preparing compelling, high quality documentation (concept notes, presentations, proposals, budgets, reports, etc) for different donor and partner audiences
Excellence in working at a senior level in an international organisation and leading and influencing a globally dispersed team; effective development of individuals and teams
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills used in international settings – experience of leading and facilitating workshops and training
• Ability to be self-directed and take initiative within organisational mandates – strong administrative and organisational skills
• Experience of establishing partnerships between organisations including teaming agreement and consortia bid development including experience of working with the major development contractors
• Understanding of commercial contracts
• Strong analytical and financial skills
• IT skills including fluency in Microsoft Office suite and database usage
• Fluency in English (written and spoken).
• Ability to travel globally (estimated 15-25% travel required)
• Knowledge of the relevant geography, and existing networks/contacts with donors, etc.
Master’s degree in International Development or a related subject
This role will be based in Nairobi.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in Kenya before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
10 Oct 2017
To be confirmed