Youth Engagement Program Manager, Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global)
Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) is the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) an international non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights. The Africa Regional Office of PP Global seeks to recruit a Youth Engagement Program Manager.
The Youth Engagement Program Manager will monitor and protect the usage of any youth engagement sub-brands across countries where Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) has presence. This individual will revamp existing digital platforms and revitalize content distribution models that will energize the community base, help drive organic traffic towards youth engagement content, and increase the adoption of healthier behaviors, thus adding overall value to PP Global’s projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage relationship and be point-of-contact with consultants who are supporting PP Global’s youth engagement work to undertake the following:
● Oversee the development of a model and theory of change that will detail the strategic approach proposed to achieve the program objectives and its impact.
● Lead multi-phased implementation and piloting of the program and of tactics to inform full scale launch.
● Ensure effective new and emerging vehicles for communication and dissemination of information that will increase engagement of adolescents and youth in their SRH Wellbeing as well as mobilize their voices in advocacy efforts
● Identify creative opportunities for the youth to develop content themselves for the program in order to elicit youth engagement and representation.
● Coordinate the development and dissemination of a range of communications products for the program to enable youth to engage, use, share as they build their collective movement and address the SRH concerns in the respective countries.
● Generate reports that will inform how young people utilize the digital properties, client interaction in the digital realm and key behaviours resulting from these interactions.
● Provide data that will aid PP Global in improving the quality and accessibility of our services as well as of our digital properties and content, and will inform and support our advocacy goals in ensuring the policy landscape meets the needs of young people.
● Seek engagement strategy that influence attitudes on youth access to sexual and reproductive
health and identify opportunities to shift policy debates on these issues.
● Ensure documentation of the most successful elements of the youth mobilization work in support
of amplification of the project among key audiences, including donors and allies.
● Organise internal and external evaluations that measure the impact of the digital properties and
use these reports to share learning;
● Work with country offices to plan, develop and align youth engagement program strategies and
interventions across program countries with the divisional strategic priorities; and
● Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor;
● Knowledge of reproductive health issues and/or community development, specifically in
● Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and
appreciation to cultural differences is required.
● Must be comfortable moving between technical and communication worlds, helping to translate
high-level messaging goals into concrete plans and tasks.
● Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills
● Expertise in complex project management
● Professional experience in tracking and analyzing web traffic and other related data
● Proficiency with WordPress and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
Oversees relevant entities contracted to support program implementation and interventions.
Education: Masters or Advances degree in journalism, communications, marketing or international
Experience: Minimum of eight years’ experience working in relevant digital communications
environment. Ability to synthesize information and to generate persuasive and clear verbal and written
communications. Strong project management skills. Experience in building media contacts.
Other Skills or Knowledge: Strong writing, editing, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, facilitation and
training, team building, networking, and problem-solving skills, Knowledgeable about social media and
related trends. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Effective public speaking skills.
Travel: Ability to travel minimum of 35% time.
Other Requirements: Fluent in written and spoken English is mandatory; good command of French is
How to Apply
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references and salary history via
email to email@example.com with Youth Engagement Program Manager
as the Email Subject by March 10, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Planned Parenthood Global is an equal opportunity employer, and does not subject applicants to any
medical tests nor charge any fee during the recruitment process.